Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Family Portrait



I kind of forced my mom, her boyfriend, and my husband into family photos this weekend.  My husband has learned to just go with it when I tell him we're doing pics.  I get his family together at least once a year, while my stepdaughter is home, and make them take family portraits.  

After processing this batch, I got to thinking that it's been quite a while since we did photos on my mom's side though.  I mean, we have tons of fun snapshots and maybe even a few *cough cough* Glamour Shots.  But it's been a while.  

It's not uncommon for my clients to tell me that it's been a long time since they had their photos taken...you know, like all organized and on purpose.  But I don't think any of them have told me it's been over THREE DECADES!  Yeah, the last time your favorite photographer had her family photos done with Mom & Dad was in 1977!  Geez.  That's terrible to admit, huh?  

It's definitely time we work on that, especially since my dad has been gone for 5 years!  How long do you go between family photo sessions?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is quite a long time! We did some a few years ago w/ my parents, but we do need to have some newer ones done.

digital detours said...

Right?! I can't believe we went so long between sessions. I warned Mom that we will be doing some again soon. :D

I wish I was closer so I could do some new ones for you guys!