Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Now I lay me down to sleep.... {Tulsa Family Photographer}


If you were to ask me to describe what photography means to me in one word, it would have to be "Memories".  Eternal memories.  Not only do we reflect on wedding days, softball games, modeling careers, fun times with the family, picnics, graduations and our sweet pets.  We also reflect on those very difficult situations that life hands us, such as infant loss.  

Shooting happy occasions and family sessions are just as important to me as being able to help a fellow Army wife in a way I would have never expected.  When I was asked to print a photo of the tiniest baby boy feet for Father's Day, I felt extremely challenged.  Sweet William wasn't anywhere near ready to meet this world and my heart breaks for his parents, especially since I consider them part of my extended family.  

I gave it a lot of thought and decided there was no better way to honor William and the journey he and his family have and are enduring than by releasing the heartbreak and leaving it in God's hands.

Lindsay, thank you again for allowing me to be a part of such a personal and difficult time. <3


Precious Little One

I`m just a precious little one 
who didn`t make it there.
I went straight to be with Jesus, 
but I`m waiting for you here.
Many dwelling here where I live, 
waited years to enter in.
Struggled through a world of sorow, 
a world marred with pain and sin.
Thank you for the life you gave me, 
it was brief but don`t complain.
I have all Heaven`s Glory, 
suffered none of earth`s great pain.
Thank you for the name you gave me. 
I`d have loved to bring it fame.
But if I`d lingered in earth`s shadows, 
I would have suffered just the same.
So sweet family-don`t you sorrow.
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom.
I went straight to Jesus` arms 
from my loving Mother`s womb.
~Author Unknown

No comments: